ST. VINCENT DE PAUL EMPLOYMENT
SVdP BCS Conference - Office Manager Job Opening
The Bryan/College Station Conference of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is looking for a part-time office manager.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul in Bryan/College Station (SVdP BCS) is looking for a part-time 25-30hrs/week) office manager. SVdP BCS is a Catholic non-profit social outreach ministry helping with payment of rent, utilities, food, clothing, medicine, gasoline, furniture & household items to neighbors in need in the Bryan-College Station community.
Vincentian spiritual growth is deepened by bringing love and compassion to our neighbors in need, with the ideal to relieve suffering for love alone. The office manager promotes this spirit through the supervision of volunteers, performing administrative tasks necessary to provide assistance, and support the Board and all society operations.
To apply, email resume at firstname.lastname@example.org , putting in the subject line "Application for Office Manager Position". The position is open until filled.
St. Vincent de Paul Society BCS Conference - Office Manager Job Description
The heart of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is to see Christ in the poor, and the poor in Christ through person-to-person care. Vincentian spiritual growth is deepened by bringing love and compassion to our neighbors in need, with the ideal to relieve suffering for love alone.
The office manager is the central communication point for St. Vincent de Paul Society social outreach ministry in the community: churches, local agencies and non-profits, donors and anyone reaching out for information. The office manager is the key person of contact for the various aspects within the ministry, supporting Vincentians volunteering in and outside the office setting. This includes office volunteers, pantry volunteers, Home Visitors, the Board and all Special Works of the Conference: Food Pantry, Furniture Ministry, Predatory Loan Committee, SVdP Thrift Store staff, and the Thanksgiving Food and Christmas Gifts Committee.
Responsibilities of the office manager include:
· Becoming familiar with available resources in the community and sharing resource information with Vincentian members in a timely manner;
· Becoming familiar with the staff of the local Catholic churches, other helping agencies and non-profits to maximize benefit to neighbors being served;
· Supervising and training office volunteers and delegating tasks including answering the phone, taking assistance requests, doing data entry and other office tasks as needed;
· Collaborating with Food Pantry coordinator and pantry volunteers;
· Verifying eligibility of requestors seeking assistance; assigning visits or appointments to Home Visitors; receiving completed home visit reports; and keeping organized records;
· Processing records for payment; keeping financial records, preparing payments for delivery; entering case records in database;
· Preparing EFSP reports and records in compliance with EFSP requirements;
· Receiving and processing daily mail, forwarding mail as appropriate to intended recipients, processing invoices for payment and incoming donations for deposit. Becoming familiar with acknowledgements to donors and bank deposit process.
· Completing time card reports by regular deadlines.
· Purchasing office supplies.
· Attending Conference meetings, and Board meetings when requested; attending necessary training; performing other duties as needed and any duties as assigned by the Board.
Skills required for this position are:
· High school diploma/GED required, BS degree or 3-5 years of experience in related position preferred;
· Compliance with the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) of the Diocese of Austin required;
· Software literacy required: email, word processing, spreadsheets; calendars. MS Office preferred;
· 1 year of experience with database software; familiarity with ServWare preferred;
· 1 year of experience in basic financial bookkeeping, budgeting, or accounting;
· Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot basic office equipment (printers, scanners, phone systems);
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent customer service skills; comfortable dealing with very diverse people; able to be courteous in challenging situations;
· Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to take initiative, self-start, multitask, prioritize tasks and delegate; supervisory experience preferred
· Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.